As we know the UPS is indispensable in any IT environment, but how do you know when to “retire” an outdated UPS? In today’s article we will see when the exchange is needed.
UPS is sensitive equipment, composed of batteries, capacitors, electrical circuits and they are sensitive to heat, moisture, dust and electrical disturbances that cause these components to wear out over time.
But perhaps the biggest question that leads some to thinking about switching equipment is related to energy efficiency. This is due to the idea that even outdated UPS is still reliably servicing the equipment, but spending more than necessary.
Here are some questions that will help you determine if the USP used in your company are good candidates for “retirement”, think about the following questions:
- Does the installation of your UPS have more than 12 years of use?
- Is the UPS featuring high power consumption and low operating efficiency?
- Is this cost jeopardizing the company’s budget?
- Are availability drops frequent?
- Is system maintenance becoming more difficult every day?
- Should some components such as batteries, capacitors, and / or fans be replaced?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, then do not waste any more time. It is time for your company to invest in a new UPS system. Although cost is probably your first concern, you may be surprised at the operating savings that a new system is able to provide.
It is worth mentioning that if you are to replace your company’s UPS system with a more modern one; you can count on the support of UPS sale and service companies that sell UPS (ขายเครื่องสำรองไฟฟ้า, which is the term in Thai), for example, Chuphotic has a team of trained professionals who can assist you in selecting the equipment most suitable for your IT environment.